Let's get learning! Get more out of your qualification with these learning resources from TP3.
TAE40110 – Learning Styles questionnaire
The TP3 Student Portal allows you to access qualification learning material and manage your assessments. The Portal enables you to:
- Access course-related learning materials
- Submit your assessments online
- View your progress in enrolled courses/units, and
- Update your contact details and personal information.
Click here to access the TP3 Student Portal. Ensure you have your user name and password, which you receive when you start the course.
The Student Handbook helps you to make the most of your qualification. It contains information about our qualifications, training attendance, student rights and responsibilities, and assessment requirements and processes. Click here to access the TP3 Student Handbook.
Students often have existing skills, knowledge and experience that may count towards the competencies required for a particular qualification outcome.
You can apply to have your skills recognised when completing a qualification. Known as RPL, the process takes into account relevant formal training (conducted by industry or educational institutions), work experience (including informal training) and other life experiences.
How does RPL work?
There are two ways to achieve Recognition of Prior Learning:
- Credit transfer (existing qualifications) - if you have already completed part of your qualification, or a similar course, through another RTO, or
- Evidence of competency - if you have skills and knowledge that contribute to a unit of competency, but don't have a formal qualification.
Applying for RPL
You can apply for RPL when you enroll or once you have started the qualification. Contact the Assessment Team at Assessments@TP3.com.au or call 1300 658 388 to discuss your RPL options.
Assessment is the process of collecting evidence and judging whether competency has been achieved. Assessments seek to confirm that you can perform a task or skill in the workplace to the standard required by the qualification.
Tips for completing assessments
Assessments are designed so that you can easily find and access most resources and equipment you need to complete the tasks in your workplace.
When completing an assessment, you should refer to:
- The assessment task
- Any tools and/or templates provided with the assessment task
- Relevant course materials (e.g. a course workbook), and
- The TP3 Student Handbook.
Assessments must be your own work
Evidence you provide as your assessment must be your own work. Both you and your workplace supervisor must authenticate that the work that you submit for an assessment is your own.
Assessments are due 3 months after the start date of the associated course. Please email the TP3 Assessment Team if you require an extension.
To be eligible for a vocational qualification, you must successfully complete the course requirements, including all assessment tasks, within 2 years from the first date of enrollment in the qualification.
Preparing to submit your assessment
Once you have completed an assessment, you must submit it for marking. Before submitting your assessment please:
- Check your work for spelling
- Compile your assessment in a simple electronic or hard-copy format
- Check that you have completed all of the tasks, and
- Ensure that you have completed and enclosed all documents.
Documents to include with your assessment
You must attach the following documents when submitting assessments:
- Assessment Coversheet
- Candidate Certification of Authenticity, and
- Supervisor Certification of Authenticity.
These documents are provided with each assessment task. We cannot mark assessments without these documents attached.
You can access your student records at any time, either via the Student Portal or by contacting TP3's RTO team. If you would like your student records or a copy of a qualification you attained with TP3, please call 1300 658 388 or email us at MyRecords@TP3.com.au