Learn how to create powerful built-in Excel formulas like SUM, AVERAGE, MAX, ROUND, COUNTIF, SUMIF, Nested ROUND, IF and Nested IF. This virtual training course will focus on creating and using powerful conditional formulas and Functions in Excel spreadsheets. The course is suitable for Excel versions 2007, 2010 and 2013.
2007, 2010, 2013
- Create and use dynamic formulas
- Create and use simple Functions: SUM, AVERAGE, MAX, ROUND
- Create and use complex Functions: COUNTIF, SUMIF, ROUND, Nested ROUND, IF, Nested IF
- Overview of dynamic formulas
- Introduction to simple Functions: SUM, AVERAGE, MAX, ROUND
- Using complex Functions: COUNTIF, SUMIF, ROUND, Nested ROUND, IF, Nested IF
This course will suit you if you currently use Excel and want to learn to use the more complex and powerful formulas and Functions. We also recommend this course as the next step if you have completed the Creating and using Simple Formulas course and want to build on your knowledge of complex formulas and Functions.
Successful completion of a TP3 Excel Introduction course or the Creating and Using Simple Formulas online course.
To participate in this virtual training course you will also need:
- Computer: A computer running Windows XP or newer version or Mac running Mac OS X or newer version with a minimum 1 GB RAM
- Broadband Internet: A connection with 700Kbps or more bandwidth
- Headset with built-in microphone: You will need to test this equipment to ensure your headphones and microphone work before attending training. We suggest you use a USB headset with built-in microphone for the best experience. Some mobile phone headsets with microphone may also be suitable. A simple USB headset with microphone can be purchased for as little at $30 and is a good investment if you intend to do other guided online learning sessions. You will need to test this equipment before attending training.
- Webcam: This is optional and will allow you to communicate visually with your facilitators and other learners making the session more personal and engaging.
Before booking, please click here to run a quick self diagnostic test. This will let you know if your computer can run Citrix GoToTraining. Call us on 1300 658 388 if you have any questions.
Preparing to learn
When you enroll, you receive a course welcome pack by email. It contains instructions to prepare you (and your computer) for training, as well as the link to access your online training session. Download the course materials and complete the pre-course checklist to ensure your computer is ready to run the course via Gototraining. The pack includes a calendar invite, which includes the link to access the session, so that you can schedule your training into your calendar.
Before the session begins
On the day of training, you receive a final course reminder 1 hour prior to the session’s start time. To connect to the session, click on the link provided and wait for the Gototraining session to begin.
If you have never used Gototraining before, we recommend that you join your training session 20 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure that you are set up to participate in the session. If you are familiar with Gototraining, connect to the session 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure that you are set up correctly before class starts.
During the session
During the session, you are one of up to 15 students participating in an online course led by 2 experienced facilitators. You are guided by the course facilitator through practice exercises that develop your skills. You can print off your course booklet before training or if your monitor is large enough, simply arrange the booklet in a window on your screen to use as you work through the exercises. During the session, you can see the facilitator’s screen and participate by using Chat or by ‘raising your hand’ – both features within Gototraining. One qualified, experienced facilitator leads the session with the support of a co-facilitator, who answers individual questions and keeps each participant’s learning on track.
After the session
There are useful resources, including shortcut keys, in the Learning Resources section of the TP3 website to help you consolidate and continue your learning.
If you just can't figure out how to do something that was covered in the course, email info@TP3.com.au and a training consultant will contact you with an answer and advice.
TP3 can provide a range of consulting services to better meet your business needs, including closed courses for your organisation, customised course material relevant to your industry and requirements, individual or group coaching and blended learning solutions.